Thursday, October 31, 2013

My New Favorite Definition of Prayer

Prayer is not about trying to get God to listen to us.  
Nor is it about trying to make God 
spend more time with us.  
Prayer is about sharpening our awareness of God 
who is already in us and around us, 
present in every moment and every activity of the day.  

Prayer is not about
finding the right words to say to God, 
it is about
becoming alive to the loving presence of God 
in each and every moment.
It is about waking up to the fact that
the love of God shines through every act,
every object and every situation.


I just downloaded the sample version of this book on my iPad.  After reading only a couple of pages, I knew it was a book that I wanted to add to my paper and ink library.  I am eagerly waiting its arrival in the mail.  I am sure you will see more posts about the book on this blog.

1 comment: